sexta-feira, 17 de junho de 2011

Dear John

hi guys this week I read the book dear John, is a book Iparticularly recommend reading before seeing the movie, excitingstory, especially recommended for those who love romance storyfirst love and love between father and son.
by: rosimary

An angry rebel, John dropped out of school and enlisted in the Army, not knowing what else to do with his life--until he meets the girl of his dreams, Savannah. Their mutual attraction quickly grows into the kind of love that leaves Savannah waiting for John to finish his tour of duty, and John wanting to settle down with the woman who captured his heart. But 9/11 changes everything. John feels it is his duty to re-enlist. And sadly, the long separation finds Savannah falling in love with someone else. "Dear John," the letter read...and with those two words, a heart was broken and two lives were changed forever. Returning home, John must come to grips with the fact that Savannah, now married, is still his true love--and face the hardest decision of his life.

Dear John, an amazing story.

I really enjoyed the book. I thought it was a sweet love story. I would read it again and again if I wouldn't cry every time. The plot was nice. Some parts you could see coming from miles away but other parts just surprised me like a surprise party. The characters, John Tyree and Savannah Lynn Curtis, were described very well. I felt that if I saw them walking on a sidewalk somewhere I would know exactly who they were. I love romance stories so I loved this book. Nicholas Sparks' is a wonderful writer. I could feel the love, hurt, and sadness they had for each other. I could see some parts so well it almost felt like I was there. Like the part when John's dad is in the hospital dying, it felt like I was there. I could see every expression on everyone's faces by the way Nicholas described their emotions or their personality. I liked the setting because it's so realistic. This story could actually happen in real life. A guy and a girl can fall in love then the guy can be called to go to the war, then when he comes back and everything changes. The beach was a good place for them to meet because they learned a lot about each other there, like they both are good surfers and John knew the most unique restaurants. My opinion of the book is everyone that likes romance novels should read this. It's my favorite book. Over all I really loved this book. It was romantic, heart breaking, and realistic. It was one of the best books I've ever read.



Memorable lines:
“ … I knew that I could live to be a hundred and visit every country in the world, but nothing would ever compare to that single moment when I first kissed the girl of my dreams and knew that my love would last forever.”
“… love meant that you care for another person’s happiness more than your own, no matter how painful the choices you face might be.”


0 comentários:

Postar um comentário

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...