sábado, 10 de dezembro de 2011

Locuções verbais (inseparáveis)

break down
phr.v. if a machine breaks down, it stops operating
My car broke down again last week; I guess I'd better get a new one.
catch up on
phr.v. to do something that needs to be done that you have not had time to do in the past
Ella went on vacaction for a week and now has a lot of work to catch up on.
come up with
phr.v. to think of a plan, reply etc.
The old system is terrible. I'm sure we can come up with something new.
fall for
phr.v. to unexpectedly feel romantic about someone
When he visited the family, he fell for his roommate's sister, and they were married soon after.

try out
phr.v. to attempt to join a team, get a role as an actor etc.
The drama club still needs a few more actors. Why don't you try out?
look up to
phr.v. to have a very high opinion of someone
She always looked up to her older sister.
run into
phr.v. INFORMAL to meet someone unexpectedly
When I was in the park, I ran into Lucille.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...